Manufacturing Needs You!
Manufacturing is the primary economic stabilizing sector in North Central Wisconsin. As of July 2016, nearly 475,000 Wisconsin residents are employed in the manufacturing sector.
40% of the skilled workers in manufacturing in North Central Wisconsin (“Baby Boomers”) will retire in the next 7-10 years.
2020 The United States will be 18 million skilled trade workers short of economic demand.
By 2050 China’s over 65 population will likely constitute a population larger than the entire United States.
1.86% U.S. Birth Rate 15% decline from 2007-2012. Birth rates the lowest among women 20-29 since before the Great Depression
Wisconsin is 7th worst in outbound migration (loss of educated/skilled population).
Most In Demand Jobs in America
- #1 Skilled Trade Workers (includes welding and machining)
Most In Demand Job in North Central Wisconsin
- #1 Machinist
- 490 New Welding Jobs added each year http://weldtowork.org/
- 1,559 Welders and Machinists needed in North Central Wisconsin by 2018.
14% of Jobs in North Central Wisconsin require a Bachelor’s or higher Degree for entry.
86% of Jobs in North Central Wisconsin require a 2 Year Associates Degree or less for entry.
Earn over $40,000 as a machinist or welder with minimal experience and education:
- Military support welders can start at $160,000 per year, and can make more than $200,000 per year working in the Middle East
- Traveling industrial pipe welders: $50,000–$185,000 per year
- Underwater welders: $100,000–$200,000 per year